The Estonian American National Council, Inc. (EANC) requires a full-time executive director to implement and direct its program and internal activities. The position reports to the EANC Board of Directors.
Responsibilities may include:
• Manage day-to-day affairs of the EANC
• Develop, write, and disseminate press releases, alerts, and other public information materials, including EANC “Teataja” newsletter (printed and electronic versions)
• Develop and manage EANC programs and activities
• Help develop and implement EANC policies
• Plan and direct fundraising and marketing strategies for the EANC
• Represent the EANC at meetings and at official functions, as required
• Organize EANC-sponsored meetings and events, including annual meetings
• Keep current with activities of, and liaise with, Estonian organizations in the U.S.
• Maintain EANC’s website
• Maintain EANC’s contact database of addresses
• Organize and maintain records and archives
• Develop and implement financial and operational internal controls
• Maintain financial information; produce monthly and annual activity and financial reports.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Estonian highly desirable
• U.S. work permit
• Very good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with WordPress highly desirable
• Excellent writing skills
• Good speaking ability
• Experience in similar work highly desirable
• Knowledge of contracting and experience working with vendors and contractors desirable
• Knowledge of Estonian American communities and activities highly desirable
• Ability to work independently and in a complex and virtual environment.
Salary: minimum of $45,000 plus benefits; negotiable depending upon qualifications.
Due date: January 15, 2019. Please send resume and cover letter discussing interest in the position.
9814 Hill Street, Kensington, MD 20895
or via email to:
For further information contact Matti Prima at