The Estonian American National Council, Inc. (EANC) requires a full-time director for its Washington, DC, activities and programs.
• Represent the EANC at meetings and at official functions primarily in the Washington, DC area, but also elsewhere, as required.
• Work closely with organizations to which EANC belongs and with those sharing common goals with EANC.
• Help support and implement activities and events undertaken by such organizations, in particular the Joint Baltic American National Committee (JBANC) and the Central and East European Coalition (CEEC).
• Develop, write, and disseminate press releases, alerts, newspaper articles, letters to the editor, and other public information materials.
• Monitor legislative and executive branch actions relevant to Estonia and EANC.
• Maintain informational contacts and meet with congressional offices, the State Department, the Administration, Baltic embassies, NGOs and other organizations.
• Help develop and implement EANC policies to represent in Washington the interests of Estonian Americans in accordance with EANC goals and objectives.
• Organize EANC-sponsored programs, meetings and events.
• Keep current with events affecting Estonia, the Baltic region, and East and Central Europe.
• Manage day-to-day affairs of the EANC in Washington.
The position reports to the EANC Board of Directors.
• Excellent knowledge of English; Estonian highly desirable
• U.S. citizenship or work permit
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent writing and speaking ability
• Experience in similar work highly desirable
• Knowledge of congressional and executive branch operations desirable
• Familiarity with and interest in Baltic events and current affairs
• Ability to work independently and in a virtual environment
• College degree
Salary: negotiable, depending upon qualifications and experience. Relocation expenses to the Washington area will not be paid.
Applications will be reviewed starting October 15, 2015, and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send resume with job history and cover letter discussing interest in the EANC to: Matti Prima, EANC Search Committee: email@example.com